Plant Nursery Group
The Plant Nursery Group helps with the propagation and maintenance of plants. Volunteers water, weed and mulch newly planted trees and other projects as assigned.
This is a great opportunity to learn about California native plants, nursery practices and habitat restoration from other River Park volunteers, staff and consultants.
1. Attend Plant Nursery Group. The group meets on Wednesday mornings, 8-10am.
2. Plant trees and shrubs, water and weed existing plantings, make simple repairs on irrigation systems, and do trail maintenance.
3. Report problems with plants or with irrigations systems to staff.
4. Please wear work shoes and clothes. Hats and sunblock are recommended. Must bring at least 32 oz of drinking water.
5. Attend occasional meetings and training sessions.
1. Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and and along natural terrain
2. Ability to carry and use basic hand tools.
3. Willingness to learn about California native plants and distinguish between native plants and invasives.
4. Ability to communicate with staff about problems.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Cindy Collins, Cindy@lakesideriverpark.org