Plant Nursery Group
The Plant Nursery Group helps with the propagation and maintenance of plants. Volunteers water, weed and mulch newly planted trees and other projects as assigned.
This is a great opportunity to learn about California native plants, nursery practices and habitat restoration from other River Park volunteers, staff and consultants.
- Attend Plant Nursery Group. The group meets on Wednesday mornings, 8-10am.
- Plant trees and shrubs, water and weed existing plantings, make simple repairs on irrigation systems, and do trail maintenance.
- Report problems with plants or with irrigations systems to staff.
- Please wear work shoes and clothes. Hats and sunblock are recommended. Must bring at least 32 oz of drinking water.
- Attend occasional meetings and training sessions.
- Tools provided.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and and along natural terrain
- Ability to carry and use basic hand tools.
- Willingness to learn about California native plants and distinguish between native plants and invasives.
- Ability to communicate with staff about problems.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Alisha Curtin.